Saturday, September 18, 2010

four eyes

my socks set the tone for the morning. 
I almost had no say, in the matter. 
Pink for breakfast. 
and pink for smellin' prettay. 
Yellow is my favorite color, but today, it took a hike.
Sometimes colors can make decisions for you, I guess.

As for the rest of the day...
I went with a few of my favorite folks to do something very important...
Get ready to have a behind the scenes look at what was 
a monumental affair:
Helping Dad pick out new glasses.
He's had the same style of eyeglasses for 30+ years. 
For everyone in my family-this was a big deal. 
It's really unfortunate that we couldn't all be present for this one.
We've sort of made and pronounced much of how he looks
as the epitome of all things trademark and influential. 
I can't tell you how many drawings, gifts, cards, 
& jokes revolve around his signature spec's. 
He's practically famous for it. 
Seriously.
So but anyway...he got the bottom two. 
and basically I hung out with these dudes for the rest of the day. 
We ate at fatburger (dad's choice) to celebrate his newness.

I wore this equally girl-y blouse to pair with my girl-y socks. 
p.s. As a child I had some pretty standout glasses, myself...
they were plaid-printed round-wired golden-glinting beauties.
and most notably...
they were 
pink

No comments:

Post a Comment